Visa Chinese Program
1. General Chinese programs are divided to three levels: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced;
2. Duration: Long-Term: 1 semester or 1 academic year; Short-Term: 1-2 months (Each academic year has two semesters. Applicants can choose an appropriate course level according to their Chinese language proficiency);
3. Optional Course: Chinese Characters, Cantonese, Scientific Chinese, Business Chinese, IT Chinese, Chinese Culture, Kong Fu, Calligraphy, etc.
4. Activities: Inner city tours to historical sites;
5. Application Deadline: Autumn Semester: 15 July, Spring Semester: 15 Match
6. Tuition: RMB7500/Semester
7. Application Documents: Application Form, Passport Copy
Students are expected to know basic phonetics and tones, and be able to use about 3,000 words and 1,600 Chinese characters. At the end of the course, students should have a basic command of listening, speaking, reading, and writing to meet the needs of daily living and studying.
Basic Chinese, Basic Listening, Speaking, and Reading, other optional courses
Students should be able to use about 5,200 words and 2,200 Chinese characters. At the end of the course, students should have a good command of listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and be able to study undergraduate courses in Chinese.
Intermediate Listening, Speaking, Reading, Basic Writing in Chinese, Business Chinese, Newspaper Reading, Website News Reading;
Students should be able to use about 7,000 words and 4,000 Chinese characters. They should also be able to listen to Chinese radio programs, read Chinese newspapers, and take postgraduate studies in Chinese. The language skills will enable students to be fully involved in social and work activities.
Advanced Chinese, Advanced Listening, Speaking, Reading, Applied Chinese Writing, Grammar of Modern Chinese, Chinese Culture, Cantonese, Business Chinese, Modern Chinese Lexicon, Chinese Rhetoric, Literature Conspectus, Chinese movies, other optional courses